Saturday, January 31, 2015

Star Ruby and White Sapphire Halo Handmade Sterling Silver Gents Ring size 10.25


                            See the video!! Please copy and paste this link into your address bar to see it on You Tube: http://youtu.be/1xHHNHApB3sIt is worth taking the time to do it and youtube is a safe site. The video will show you a view from every side and will give you a much more complete understanding of the quality in this piece.This is a stunning classic style, a truly hand-hammered Sterling silver ring with a feature gem surrounded by a halo of accents in design #150 of my online selection catalog. This design is a time tested classic for looks and comfort built around an oval gem giving it a very distinctive appearance. A full bezel around the center gem ensures the most secure mount available while the surrounding accents are elegantly bead set in even spacing. The head of the ring has been hammered out, expanded to allow for the size of the gemstone array. The band slopes from the head to the back in a curve and is built heavy. This design is known to be very comfortable, showcases the gems very well and is secure at the same time. The center gem is an untreated Star Ruby with a very good red color, no leaded glass filler, no heat, 2.02 carat, 7 x 6.2 mm oval cabochon. This star is natural rather than diffused, complete with six rays, medium light in brightness,  well centered and medium in sharpness. This gem is opaque, is heavily included, fractured and has surface flaws yet the star overwhelms the flaws. It was mined in Africa. The dozen accents are 2.5 mm faceted rounds of bright White Sapphires from Africa that have been heated traditionally only. These are eye clean and slightly included in clarity.Fast fact: Most African Ruby is repaired by filling voids with a leaded glass. Only a small percentage are like this one that is gem quality without any treatment. Ruby is the birthstone for July and Sapphire is the birthstone of September.The weight of this handsome ring is about 8.7 grams.This ring size is a 10.25 in the USA, inside diameter of 20mm, the inside circumference is 62.7mm,  in the United Kingdom, Ireland Australia and New Zealand it is a size U, in India, China and Japan it is a size 21, and in Switzerland it is  a size 22.33.Re-sizing one of my rings can often be done quite easily by hammering and re-polishing when only increasing by a size or so and I will not charge you for it, however, there are various levels of complications due to several factors in re-sizing to smaller sizes or increasing by more than a size or so. Simple prongs can be opened and the stones removed from harms way then be re-set after the soldering is complete. Often I prefer to be paid a small amount for this type of re-size as it is a bit time consuming. Some gold rings can be soldered with the stones left in place, depending on the variety of stone. In a silver ring, high heat is required to decrease the size or increase it considerably and if stones are set with a bezel, a channel, beads, or flush set (anything other than simple prongs) then the silver must be cut or otherwise worked hard in order to remove them, putting the stones at risk and becoming a repair job before its all over, in which case I would likely prefer to make you a new one. By the way, I do not charge extra for a custom order, prices are very similar to what you see in the shop here.I started this project by melting down fine silver and pure copper to create an ingot of 93% alloy of silver. The remaining 7% is only copper, no base metal was used for the alloy, less chance for any allergic reaction. The hammering began soon afterwards. This piece is completely hand made, hand crafted, and hand fabricated. It is not a casting, has no glue and no factory made parts. This style of workmanship is all but lost in today's high tech world due to the high skill level required and the lengthy amount of time it consumes. This old school method that I studied in Thailand is known to be the finest technique in jewelry production and adds greatly to the value and the durability of the jewelry. We stamped it 925 as it is Sterling Silver and also hallmarked it LEE, my makers stamp and my personal guarantee of quality. I am happy to make you a custom piece of jewelry with Sterling 925 silver or 18K yellow gold. Select your own style by browsing my online selection catalog with over 400 of my designs at this link: https://selectioncatalogleesjewelry.shutterfly.com/pictures/8. You also can email me an item number of a piece you see, a picture or I can even work from a picture of a sketch you send me, however, I do not like to draw or use CAD. My email for custom orders and information is gemtownusa at gmail dot com. The queue is usually less than 60 days and your piece will enter the queue as soon as you make your payment. Feel free to select any stones from my stores or send me yours to have me create your own LEE. Please note that I am happy to work with your personal stones but I do not have any insurance to protect them, thus the stones will be at your risk only. When we use a stone from my store then I back the stone for the purchase price, however, I do not guarantee or insure a stone that I did not sell. That said, it is not common that one breaks or is damaged in setting. Contact me with your jewelry ideas for a fast quote. I can create a listing right here just for you so you can still enjoy the comfort of being on here while having a custom piece of jewelry truly handmade.Perhaps I have already made a piece that is just right for you. Please browse my entire selection of over a thousand items for your pleasure.A couple of quick tips on caring for your silver jewelry: Whenever you remove the jewelry for sleep or work, wipe it with a polishing cloth. When storing your silver be sure to remove all finger prints from the metal by wiping it with a cloth such as a silver polishing cloth then slip it into a sealed container such as a small zip lock plastic bag.All of my items are one of a kind pieces! The pictures are of the exact piece of jewelry being sold and I have attempted to give you a complete view with a picture and a video. They are taken with high magnification and show details similar to viewing with a 10X loupe. The jewelry will look even more flawless once in hand.I would like to thank you for looking at my online stores. This is not an auction, here you have no waiting for an item to end and no bidding. You may simply buy the item immediately and I will ship it right out. Customer service is the main thing I am selling here. It is of the utmost importance to me that you enjoy your shopping experience with us. Please let me know whenever I can help you with anything.           
       

Powered by: BKGjewelry