Friday, December 26, 2014

Early Victorian Ruby-eyed 18k Snake Ring with Black and White Enamel and Woven Hair


                            I admit it, I live for rings like this one, a ring steeped in history. When I discovered this little beauty at a shop in Bath, England, a city steeped in the ancient, it just seemed so… right. This ring was an ode to one 'J.V.P' who sadly passed away on July 3rd, 1855. Judging by the lovely white color of the platted hair set into this rings band, I would venture a guess that J.V. was an older person. This ring is beautifully made with black and white enamel details to the head and set with ruby eyes.This ring is fully hallmarked with English marks which indicate that it was made in London, England in 1852 of 18 karat gold. The makers mark is rubbed and only an 'S' remains legible. This ring is a size 6 and it would not be possible to size it. This ring is a true piece of art and history, and while it certainly can be worn, it should be worn gently, care should be taken to keep it dry to preserve the integrity of the hair. The ring weighs 2.7 grams.Thanks! If you like this piece and would like to see more, simply click the 'Shop Home' link on the upper left of this page, underneath "Shop Sections". Then simply relax and enjoy!A Message From Victoria:Please note that all items listed as silver or gold are either marked (in which case there will be a photo clearly showing the mark) or have been acid tested by me to verify their metal content. Please also note that there is a size photo showing the size of all items (ring show American ring sizes, photo grid is in inches). Thanks!I offer layaway on all items purchased for full retail price. In general my layaway terms are 1/3 down and 1/3 in 30 days and the last 1/3 in 60 days. I am flexible so if you are interested please ask me and we can work out a payment plan that suits you. Items ship when payment is complete and items purchased on layaway are eligible for exchange only.I always want you to be happy with anything you purchase from my Etsy shop. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason simply let me know and we'll work together to get the item returned for a refund. I guarantee that my pictures and descriptions are as accurate as possible. My goal is to exceed your best expectations!Thanks! Enjoy these Fabulous Finds at Great Prices!Item ID: RG0214351V           
       

Powered by: BKGjewelry