Friday, December 26, 2014

Hand Carved Wooden Ruby Ring - Wood Ring - Bentwood Ring - Wood Jewelry - Rings - Jewelry - Engagement Ring - Gemstone - Gift - For Her


                            Band and stone are 100% wood.  Hand Carved.A ring as unique as you.  Guaranteed to draw comments from admirers. A customer sent me a picture of this ring in silver, and asked if I could make it in wood.  After a few tries, this is the final result.  It took some careful planning and a bit of thought, but it turned out to be my most popular ring.The Cherry band is 3mm wide and 2mm thick.  The Rock Maple ruby is 4.5mm square  with a faceted cut.The ring looks delicate, but is actually quite strong.  I start with a solid, thick bentwood ring, and then start the long process of carving the details.  Because the ring is carved from a single piece of wood with no joints, it's sturdy enough for daily wear.Wood rings always grab attention, But this one grabs a few extra looks.I plan to try the same design in Maple with a sapphire blue stone, and in Walnut with a black stone.  If you have other ideas, I'd love to hear them!Free shipping for the holidays!HOW TO ORDERChoose your size from the list above, and choose the color of your wooden gem from the list.  If you would like to make a modification to the ring or have a custom request,  please send me a message.HOW IT'S MADEIt's engineered.  Really.I start with very thin strips of wood, and then steam them until they are bendable. The individual pieces are then bent around a mold, and fused together.  The rough ring is then hand carved, shaped and sized.  Then I sand, and sand, and sand until the ring is satin smooth.The result is a beautiful polished work of art.  And then, I try to break it.  If it breaks, I shed a little tear, and make another.  If it passes the test, it receives the finishing touch.Each ring is finished with the finest jeweller's epoxy.  Crystal clear, very durable, and comfortable to wear.The wood comes to life when the epoxy is applied.  The wood grain is amplified, and the wood colors pop!  And the epoxy is super tuff.  It's strong, scratch resistant, and waterproof.  It makes the rings truly suitable for daily wear.THE WARRANTYYou break it under normal use; I replace it.           
       

Powered by: BKGjewelry