Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Antique Victorian Rose Cut Diamond Chick Baby Bird Ring with a Ruby Eye

The most darling little ring, this is an antique Victorian chick who was originally from an antique bar-brooch. He is set all over with sparkling rose-cut diamonds and has been converted into a beautiful, dainty ring.

The chick is made from 9ct yellow gold with a silver front, which is set with eighteen sparkling rose-cut diamonds. He has a tiny ruby cabochon eye. He has a gorgeous pair of 9ct yellow gold legs and the tiniest little 9ct yellow gold beak.  His baby heart-shaped wing is tucked up and is picked out in silver detailing and three rose-cut diamonds.  He is crouched forwards as if he is scurrying along the grass, or foraging for worms.

The ring band is individually handmade by me from 1.5mm round-section 9ct yellow gold and was made especially for this chick to sit on. The ring bears my hallmark from the Edinburgh Assay Office who have been hallmarking precious metals for over 550 years, and who hallmark all my handmade jewellery.

It is a UK finger size P and a half (approx US size is 8 and a quarter). Re-sizing is available from £30, please see the add-on listing for details.

The chick measures 1.1cm from the tip of his beak to his 'tail', and stands 0.9cm tall from the bottom of his feet to the top of his head. The ring weighs a total of 2.0g.





We are very happy to offer layaway or part-payment for anything over £100 with no extra charges. Please contact us for details.



Please note that I have been working with jewellery for over 10 years although I am not a qualified gemologist.  I do my very best to provide full and accurate information on all my pieces to the very best of my knowledge.  If you have any questions or queries, or would like additional photographs, please do get in touch.





POSTAGE AND DISPATCH

The automatic shipping costs are for insured and tracked delivery (exact details below).  I do not make any profits on shipping and often make a small loss.  I understand that to some countries, the costs can be high if you are only buying one thing or do not require tracking or insurance.  Please, please, PLEASE contact me if you would prefer cheaper postage (from £2.15 to the USA) as I am always able to send ordinary untracked/uninsured airmail to help save your pennies (please note that non-insured shipping is at the risk of the buyer and I cannot be held responsible for loss, damage or delay).

I live in a rural area so it's not always possible for me to visit the post office every day.  But I can normally post within 1-3 business days.

All jewellery is securely and discreetly packaged and comes in a sleek black and silver gift-box with a velvety white interior.  Postage within the UK is by Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day) by 1pm, which is always insured appropriately from a minimum of £200 up to a maximum of £2000. Estimated delivery time from dispatch is next business day to 1 business day.

Postage to the EU, USA, Canada and Australia is by Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed For.  Please note that postage to these countires can only be insured up to a maximum of £250 for the stated postage costs.  Estimated delivery time is 3 to 10 business days depending on where you live.

Please contact me about postage costs to all other overseas destinations, as although I'm happy to post to other overseas places I will need to work these out individually.

Please note that any payable customs/import duties etc are the responsibility of the buyer.  I do not post items as 'gifts' and declare their full value on any customs forms.                    


Powered by: BKGjewelry