Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ruby Sterling Silver Ring - Vintage Corundum Large Stone - Size 7 - InVintageHeaven

Stunning Vintage Big Piece - Ruby Sterling Silver Ring - InVintageHeaven

I sure wish this fit me!  I have a personal love of corundum rubies!  Their color saturation on this opaque stone is stunning. This is one of several pieces that I have listed, so if you are ruby lover too, go and take a look at those!

This is an enormous vintage sterling silver ruby ring.  It consists of a faceted tear drop shaped ruby!  It is a nice big piece,  It is set into a sterling silver bezel with a unique ethnic inspired pattern around it.

Condition: Great vintage condition, vintage patina
Measurements: 1.15" or 29.16 mm top of ring
Weight: 10.2 grams
Markings:  925

Please examine enlarged photos for details.  Much more beautiful in real life!

I do not polish my vintage silver as some people like the aged patina. If you want me to polish it before shipping, just let me know! I am not an expert on vintage jewelry, but I do buy and sell what I love! Since these items are vintage, they may have a wonderful aged patina and are not meant or expected to look brand new. I treasure their imperfections as part of their charm and history.
***************
Properties:  Corundum is a crystalline form of aluminium oxide (Al2O3) with traces of iron, titanium and chromium.  If red it is called ruby and other colors are called sapphires.

History: "Corundum" is from the Tamil word குருந்தம் "Kuruntam" meaning "Ruby" and related to Sanskrit "Kuruvinda" .  Historically most production has been from Myanmar, Thailand, India and Sri Lanka. More recently sources also include Australia and the East African countries of Tanzania and Kenya.

Healing properties: Some believe that this stone promotes insight and intuition while it also energized and balances.  Great stone for energy.   It also stimulated confidence and ambition.  Healing properties are  many.

http://pinterest.com/invintageheaven/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InVintageHeaven

https://twitter.com/InVintageHeaven                    


Powered by: BKGjewelry